WELCOME TO BEAUTIFUL CRETE, NEBRASKA!
The Crete Chamber of Commerce is a chamber that is committed to our Crete community and businesses. Our cause is to advocate for the economic and community welfare of Crete. We are a Chamber at work within our community by hosting community tourism events, business advocacy, better business services and more.
We are committed to quality and excellence! Our Crete Chamber is doing great things in Crete and we want YOU to participate and be apart of "our Community In Motion"!
"TO IMPROVE THE BUSINESS CLIMATE AND QUALITY OF LIFE FOR THE CRETE AREA."
The Crete Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary association of business and professional men and women who, through committee and community involvement, contribute to the Crete area's commercial, industrial and civic development.
Sharing the goal of the City of Crete, we are continuously and effectively working to make Crete the best place to live and work.
2018 Crete's Great Pumpkin Festival - Schedule of Events Overview
Friday, October 5th - Kick-Off Activities
• 3:30 – 6pm, Great Pumpkin Blitz in downtown Crete
• 5 - 8pm, Swine and Dine at The Brew House: Pork Feed benefit for Crete Chamber FBLA Scholarship
• 7pm - Midnight, Terror on 12th Street at Sokol Hall
Saturday, October 6th - Pre-Festival Activities
• 8:30 - 10:30am, Pumpkin Pancake Feed in City Park hosted by Alpha Pi Epsilon Fraternity - Free Will Donations.
• 8:30am, Mayor’s Fun Run
Registration in City Park
• 9am, Mayor’s Run: Adult & Teen, 3rd-6th Grade, 2nd Grade and Under Divisions
• 11am- 1pm, Doane University
• 1pm - Doane Tiger Football vs. Dordt College at Al Papik Field
• Community Night & Husker Watch Parties: spend the evening in downtown Crete with food and entertainment at local businesses
• 7pm - Midnight - Terror on 12th Street at Sokol Hall
Sunday, October 7th - Pre-Festival Events
8am-12pm, Pre-Festival Breakfasts:
• Knights of Columbus Pancake Feed at St. James
• Morning Brunch at The Brew House
Sunday, October 7th from 12:00pm - 5:00pm - Main Festival Activities
RAIN LOCATION: Doane University Fuhrer Field House
• Crete Police Department & Nebraska State Patrol
• Sid Dillon and Skala’s OK Tire Store Car Show & Shine
• UBT Scarecrow Competition
• Crete Ace Hardware Bounce Houses & Zipline
• Nestle Purina Horn T Exotic Petting Zoo
• Pinnacle Bank Pumpkin Growing Competition
• DQ Grill & Chill’s Live Entertainment
• Ol'Red Radio 99.5 Carnival Games
• Crete TJ Sokol's Kids Pedal Pull - Sponsored by: Waddell & Reed, Inc. L. Sue Placek, CFP®
• Crete Area Medical Center Hayrack Rides
• Crete Community Foundation Craft Show & Farmer’s Market
• Saline Medical Specialties Food Court
• 12pm: Presentation of Colors
• 12-3pm: Pumpkin Silent Auction
• 1-3pm: Pumpkin Bingo
• 1:30pm: Festival Piñata & Pumpkin Drop
• 2pm: Pumpkin Carving
• 2:30pm: Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest
• 3pm: Festival Award Ceremony
• 3:45pm: Bouncy Ball & Pumpkin Drops
Festival Featured In:
The Food Network Magazine
Midwest Living Magazine
Nebraska Life Magazine
Tractor Supply Co. Magazine
Nebraska Tourism Commission’s Webinar: “Successful Festivals in Nebraska”